INTELLIGENCE. EASE OF USE. SIMPLICITY.
Universal Instruments’ Value Series brings cost-effective intelligence, ease of use and simplicity to back-end electronics assembly automation. The Omni Inserter™ leverages a linear motor positioning system and a host of intelligent features to deliver accurate, high-speed insertion of axial, radial and other odd-form components. It supports a range of feeder types and features an active clinch and controlled insertion force.
The Omni Inserter provides single-process efficiency to complement multi-process cells and maximize line utilization while minimizing floor space requirements. Features include:
- Four independent insertion heads with standard active clinch
- High-force & programmable insertion modes; force monitoring
- Four upward-looking cameras utilizing AI & AOI vision algorithms
- Best-fit insertion algorithm
- CAD data import
- Independent pick & place sequences
- Portfolio of standard feeders; on-the-fly replenishment
- Board shuffle mode